Pages

Festival Makeup: The Good, The Bad and The Just Plain Ugly

Monday 1 September 2014



Hello Lovelies!
So I got back from reading festival the other day and as much as I loved it, it really did leave me looking a state and feeling like I physically couldn't move. So you'd think makeup would be the absolute last thing on my mind. But as makeup loving kind of girls will understand a little touch up of powder, lick of mascara and dab of concealer can make all the difference! and is something that I still care about even if my personal hygiene has gone down the drain or rather not near any form of a drain at all.
Anyway I took a small makeup bag with me that consisted of a few new products and a few old favorites so I thought I'd sum up in a blog post my thoughts.




















  


First is The Good- Benefit They're real mascara. You may not think this to be a life saver when it comes to festival makeup but it really is! As you're getting barely any sleep and neglecting any form of a skin care routine for the weekend, your eye's are probably the one thing that are really going to be affected. Especially if your eye's are anything like mine and look small and puffy at the slightest thing (crying, alcohol or lack of sleep). So whilst mascara may not fix puffiness it can still make your eyes look a darn sight better and wider than without it. I only bought this mascara a couple weeks ago as part of a set and it's just I really amazing mascara. I can't really fault it, and in all honesty it just made me feel a little bit less crap.



The next is The Bad- Benefit's Push up Liner. I had really high hopes for this eye liner and as I say my eyes get badly effected by tiredness etc so I really wanted this to help make my eyes look better, and while they did eventually..This is so difficult to use! Whilst I'm usually good with gel liner, the push up aspect of this liner sadly ruins the whole product. Whilst the formula is very good and stays on like a dream, the actual line is difficult to create without wasting the formula. However, I would say by lining the eye with a pencil first it become easier. However, for a festival this is too much effort to go to I feel so that's why it's 'The Bad'. 


Now for The Plain Ugly- Bourjois Bronzing BB Cream. I bought this as I thought it would be like a foundation that will keep the tan I've got from going away to Bulgaria. I'm not going to spend to long on this product because it's really disappointed me but the only thing this is possibly good for is contouring..maybe. I put this on and literally it did nothing for me, had no coverage and just gave a kind of slight tinge to my skin that wasn't even a good colour for me. This may work for some people and pro-long your tan but for me this product really just doesn't work :( sad times when I had no other foundation or BB cream for the weekend.






















Special positive mention to Stay Matte Powder by Rimmel. I absolutely commend this product as being a lifesaver especially on the warmer days but also just to keep all my makeup (all be it not a lot of it) where I put it. I get the translucent shade because I don't think it's so important for powders to have a shade because I don't use it for coverage, plus this will work even if i'm tanned or not so I don't need to buy different ones. This powder is so good at just mattifying the face, without blocking the pores and it's so cheap. Just an overall gooden I would say.


I hope you've enjoyed reading about my festival makeup mishaps and miracle workers. What makeup would you bring to a festival? and have you tried any of these products, if so what are your thoughts? Thanks for reading! 

Love Becky xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric