Pages

10 Uses For Argan Oil And Mini Review

Thursday 10 July 2014


Hello Lovelies!
Something I doubt many of you know (because I don't think I've mentioned it before) is that I currently work in an independent health food shop. Not only do we sell food but oils, makeup, skin care and supplements. One thing that I've noticed people querying about more than anything at the moment is argan oil. Annoyingly I didn't know a lot about it at first because I thought it was just an oil some people used on their hair but oh boy was I wrong. After researching it quite a lot (yes I know good employee or what ;) ) I have come up with 10 uses and a little review on the one I have.

Facts (I know yawn but I thought you might find it interesting..maybe)-
Argan Oil is produced from the argan nut from the argan tree and is only grown in Southwest Morocco.In 1998, the Argan forest in Morocco was designated a UNESCO protected biosphere so argan oil is sustainable. 
"If you want to de-clutter your cabinet and simplify your beauty routine, argan oil can become your go-to beauty elixir not just for your hair but for you head your toes and everything inbetween. It’s chockfull of essential fatty acids, anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that promote your overall health by moisturizing, softening as well as protecting your face and hair from sun damage – without harmful toxins and Parabens."

Sounds great right? so here are the 10 uses:

1. Face Moisturizer - After using your favourite cleanser in the morning or night, massage a few drops into your face and neck. Since argan is considered a dry oil, it absorbs quickly and most importantly is non-greasy! Woo. If you want to use it as a serum, apply your night cream after the oil absorbs into the skin.

2. Hydrating Toner – If you add just a few drops of argan oil to your favorite facial toner (mine is from L'Oreal at the moment) to hydrate and tone simultaneously. You can make your own toner by adding a few drops of argan oil to Rose or Orange Blossom water, which won't set you back too much moolah as I know you can get rose water from around £3-£4.

3. Rejuvenating & Brightening Face Mask – Once again you could add a few drops of argan oil to an aldreay bought face mask or... make your own mask! if you're feeling creative, by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of Greek-style yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 drops of argan oil in a bowl. Apply on a clean, dry face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.

4. Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Moisturizer – I know that some professional lip scrubs use this as an ingredient in thier products so why not male your own. Add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar and taa dah your very own lip scrub.

5. Face Glow – I don't want to suggest this if you have oily skin anyway but if you have dry skin then add a drop or two of argan oil to your foundation, bronzer or tinted moisturizer and get a great luminous glow.

6. Leave-on Conditioner – Now this is probably how I use this the most and how I thought it was meant to be used. What I do is after the shower, while your hair is still wet, add a some argan oil to my hair, ends and sometimes scalp to hydrate and moisturize. If you use daily a blow dryer, straight-iron or curling iron, this is ideal in order to nourish and replenish any moisture lost in your hair.

7. Hair Styling Shine – When your hair is dry, use as a styling product by putting a few drops of argan oil on the palms of your hand. Rub your hands together and run your fingers through your hair to create shine and tame frizz. You only need a small amount as you don't want to get the grease pot look but it does last a long time.

8. Overnight Hair Treatment – This method I know is popular particularly with my friends. I know they massage a good amount of argan oil into their hair, ends and scalp. Wrap your hair and leave it on while you sleep. In the morning, wash your hair and you’ll have lovely soft non-greasy locks.

9. Cuticle and Heel Softener – Massage a few drops of argan oil into your cuticles to soften, moisturize and encourage nail growth. Use as an overnight treatment to nourish cracked heels by working a good amount into your feet and toes. Cover with socks and wake up to supple feet.

10. Body and Bath Oil – Add a few drops of argan oil directly onto your skin, into the bath or body lotion. It’s safe to use on a baby and to help minimize stretch marks on a pregnant belly too.

At the moment I have been using a pretty affordable argan oil by OGX for £4.66 but there are more expensive and purer forms of argan oil. However, I find this one works fine with my hair and you really don't need a lot, hence why I say in this post mostly a FEW drops. You can get argan oil online,at certain health stores, at Boots if you live in England, and I'm sure there are drugstores that sell it in the states.

I hope you have enjoyed this post on Argan oil and it has helped you maybe be a bit clearer on it's uses as this is a question I am frequently asked by customers. I want to know if you have any favourite uses and brands for argan oil ? and whether it works for you? Thankyou for reading!
Love Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric