Pages

My Chapter 1

Saturday 14 June 2014



Hello lovely people.

I’ll begin this post by saying that I recently got Pinterest!  and I must say that I’m loving it so far. So many inspiring and pretty images. I don’t fully understand what I’m doing yet but I understand that it might take time. This leads me onto today’s post (nice link :P ). I came across this image (on Pinterest) above of a quote that says ‘don’t compare your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 20’ and it has made me want to write about it.

 I am very new to blogging, Pinterest, Instagram, even Twitter I’ve only had for half a year! and I find it’s at times hard not to compare my profiles to others. With people being in some ways judged nowadays on how many followers they have or how many likes and favourites they have, it’s very easy to get bogged down by others profiles if they have more followers or are of better quality. 

 I hear all the time on twitter 'why can’t I be Kendall Jenner’ or, ‘Lorde and I are the same age but she has a Grammy and all I have achieved is a C in maths ‘. It’s tweets like this that make me realise we do all grow at different rates and I don’t mean physically I mean career wise and in our personal lives. I mean there are some people my age with children and who are married and some who are off to uni. I just think it’s important that in anything you do, that you try not to compare yourself to someone who you view as being better than you in one way or another. Everyone has to have a beginning, every YouTuber starts off with 0 subscribers, every professional at one point has started with no experience, every blog starts with 0 followers and every twitter account starts with 0 followers too. I have no idea where I’m going to end up in the future or whether anyone will read my blog, but that’s kind of exciting to me. 

I felt like writing this post so at those times when I’m feeling bogged down by someone else’s success or feel like I should be more successful like them, that I can read this and realise that it's ok because they’re at they're chapter 20 in their life and I’m at my chapter 1 in mine.
Love Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric